Adding Object to a Vector

Jan Grant Jan.Grant at bristol.ac.uk
Tue May 11 03:37:36 PDT 2004

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Achilleus Mantzios wrote:

> O kyrios Jayprakash_Gonella egrapse stis May 11, 2004 :
>
> > Hi,
> >      May this is not the proper forum for my question.
> >
> > Can any body explain the internal representation (memory-wise) of a Vector
> > in Java? How does a Vector class implement a growable array of objects?
>
> Since you are of the lucky guys working with java in FreeBSD just do:
>
>  vi
> /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/j2se/src/share/classes/java/util/Vector.java

I _believe_ that the source of java.util.Vector is shipped with the
binary distributions of the JDK from Sun, so (if you haven't already)
you can probably get that and you don't quite have to sign your soul
away to Sun to the same extent as getting the full source to the JDK
requires.

There's no convincing English-language argument that this sentence is true.