xdoclet and jdk1.3

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Thu Mar 25 10:42:34 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 10:28:47AM -0800, Kyle VanderBeek wrote:
> Speaking of which, is there any discussion of the 1.4 vs. 1.3 BSD JVMs?
> Both have somewhat dire "use at your own risk" warnings, but are people
> using and stressing the 1.4 series out there?  I'm coming from the Linux
> world and will confess my relative ignorance of where to find this sort
> of info in the FreeBSD world.  Pointers appreciated.

Both of them are compliant [*] which Sun's JCK test suite, so they should
both be very useful.  The dire warnings are more to disclaim any
responsbility by the volunteers involved in porting them than anything
else.

In general they are both pretty stable.  The 1.4 JDK is a lot faster
though.

* The 1.4 JDK isn't compliant in a mixed IPv4/IPv6 environment.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com