ports/63409: jdk-1.4.2p6_3 plugin crashes Mozilla-1.6_2,2

Chris Shenton chris at shenton.org
Thu Mar 4 05:37:25 PST 2004

"Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk at rahn-koltermann.de> writes:

> Well know, seen before, fixed.  See the thread at
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=183044+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/freebsd-java/20040125.freebsd-java
>
> This *is* in fact a jdk14 problem, please reassign back.

Oddly, I poked at the applet a couple times after this, got various
failures, then it eventually worked.  No changes on my end, just
returning to the same web page, clicking the same applet. Like there
were problems initializing them vm the first time then "fixed
themselves" :-( on subsequent invocations.

Should I close the ticket? The behavior's a bit flaky, but I was able
to get beyond the initial problem -- though it's not "fixed".