An alternative Eclipse 3 port

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Mon Jun 28 22:34:08 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:23:35PM -0600, Ethan Killian wrote:
> Nice job on the Motif port, I got it compiled after I added the
> gcj/libgcj-config.h file to my build path.  I am pretty sure my gcj
> libraries are where they installed to on my FreeBSD 5.2.1 RELENG system
> by default, I don't normally use gcj.  Note, this is JUST for the Motif
> port, the GTK version compiles and works nicely.

This is the wrong "fix" and only makes things more broken.

> Here is the errors I get:
> Building FreeBSD version of KDE DLL.
> g++ -fno-rtti -c -O -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> -I/usr/local/jdk1.4.2/include -I/usr/local/jdk1.4.2/include/bsd
> -I/usr/local/jdk1.4.2/include/freebsd -o kde.o kde.cc
> In file included from swt.h:23,
>                 from kde.cc:21:
> /usr/local/include/jni.h:17:31: gcj/libgcj-config.h: No such file or directory

This is your problem.  No, not that it can't find gcj/libgcj-config.h.  The
problem is that its including the wrong jni.h.  It should be getting it
from /usr/local/jdk1.4.2/include/ but instead its getting it from
/usr/local/include due to the order of the -I flags in the compilation line
above.  The correct fix is to reorder the -I flags so that the correct
jni.h header is found.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com