An alternative Eclipse 3 port

Bryan Liesner bryan at kishka.net
Sat Jun 26 23:51:32 GMT 2004

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have once again updated the port skeleton at the following URL to build the
> already released final 3.0 version of Eclipse:
>
> http://noc.ntua.gr/~past/freebsd/eclipse3-port.tgz
>
> The WITH_MOTIF option still does not work, although there has been some
> progress.

Once again, great work.  I built the gnome-less version of the last RC
and it's looking good.  One important question - is debugging
ever going to work under FreeBSD 5.x?  I'm still getting the same
error that no one has ever answered for me:

FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP "util.c" (Mar  9 2004), line 1194:
Unexpected error, error code = 51 (JVMDI_ERROR_NOT_MONITOR_OWNER)

Once upon a time, I could use Eclipse and actually run stuff under the
debugger.

Thanks