An alternative Eclipse 3 port

Panagiotis Astithas past at noc.ntua.gr
Thu Jun 24 07:41:52 GMT 2004

Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> 	Humm.. My TODO are:
> 	1. JDK 1.3.1 (diabolo) support

Hmm, I don't think there is much point in this one, since only JDK 1.4
is officially supported. Check out the instructions.html file in the
port's $WRKSRC.

> 	2. mozilla-devel, firefox support.

This is definitely interesting, but I have a more urgent concern. Since
eclipse 3.0 is based on mozilla 1.6, when we upgrade the mozilla port to
the recent 1.7, the eclipse build might break. So if I were to propose a
prioritized TODO list, I think this would be it:

1. Motif build
2. Make sure mozilla 1.7 doesn't cause any problems
3. Create knobs to use firefox, etc.

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas