An alternative Eclipse 3 port

Panagiotis Astithas past at noc.ntua.gr
Wed Jun 23 13:16:43 GMT 2004

Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:00:15 +0300
> Panagiotis Astithas <past at noc.ntua.gr> wrote:
>
>>You can get the port skeleton here:
>>http://noc.ntua.gr/~past/freebsd/eclipse3-port.tgz
 >>
>>These are some guidelines I tried to follow:
>>- No reference to Linux if possible.
>>- The pathces in $FILESDIR are one patch per file, as in most ports.
>>- No hard-coded paths (ant, unzip, gmake, JAVA_HOME, etc.)
>>- Minimize diffs from the eclipse 2 port.
>

> 	Wow, I'll merge this and mine(maybe this is based).

Hi,

I have updated the port skeleton in the above URL. This iteration builds
Eclipse 3.0 RC3, contains a number of cleanups and bugfixes and sports
two new configuration options:

- defining WITHOUT_GNOMEVFS skips the build of libswt-gnome-gtk-3061.so
and avoids the dependency on the GNOME libraries

- defining ECLIPSE_MOTIF builds the motif version of Eclipse.

The motif version is not buildable yet, although I have made some
progress besides the infrastructure part. I hope to have it ready by the
time that Eclipse 3.0 ships next week.

I would appreciate any comments, even alternative names for the
variables (I know I suck at that).

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas