eclipse3 RC2 port

Bryan Liesner bryan at kishka.net
Tue Jun 15 18:14:14 GMT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:

> Given the fact that Eclipse 2 is basically unusable with newer Gnome
> libraries and that version 3 is just around the corner, wouldn't it make
> sense to just update the existing java/eclipse port to version 3 when it
> becomes available?
>
> Cheers,

I tried building the "test version" of the eclipse3 port and the build
died trying to find gnome libraries that I don't have installed. Does
this mean that I am going to have to install (all||most||some) gnome
libraries besides gtk and glib to use Eclipse 3? Or will the port,
when completed, have the same requirements as Eclipse 2?

Thanks