jdk-1.4.2p6_4 broken on 4.x

Panagiotis Astithas past at noc.ntua.gr
Thu Jun 10 15:00:47 GMT 2004

Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 11:45:29PM -0600, Greg Lewis wrote:

>>>Also broken on 5.x in the same timeframe.
>>
>>The compilation error is clearly caused by the line:
>>
>>Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Can't detect initial thread stack location
>>
>>being written to stdout everytime the JVM is invoked.  I just need to track
>>down what has caused that to start appearing.

Couldn't the following excerpt from pointyhat's log have something to do
with it?

[...]
pkg_add linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.04.tgz
Un-mounting linprocfs...
tar: usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/Yukon: file changed as we read it
Re-mounting linproc...

Installation of the Linux base system is
finished. The Linux kernel mode, which
must be enabled for Linux binaries to run,
is now enabled. Linux mode can be enabled
permanently with the linux_enable variable
of rc.conf(5).

When using NIS, don't forget to edit
yp.conf in /compat/linux/etc.

Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
pkg_add: command '/usr/local/bin/registervm
"/usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/bin/java # Linux-Sun-JDK1.4.2.04' failed
[...]

Did the linprocfs mount actually succeed or not? Usually people report
this error when they either forget to mount linprocfs or kldload linux
(or both).

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas