problems with java.util.zip and diacritical characters in file names

Palle Girgensohn girgen at pingpong.net
Wed Jun 9 15:37:31 GMT 2004

java.util.zip cannot inflate a zip archive that contains eight bit
characters in file names, it simply crashes. I haven't been able to try it
on ither platforms yet, but I'd like to hear from others who might have
seen this problem. Odd thing is there is no exception or anything it just
stops when the first character comes up, and returns null.

Anyone else seen this? Is it just FreeBSD?

/Palle