Could'nt connect to mysql

Antony T Curtis antony.t.curtis at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 12 20:08:52 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 09:53, Mohammad Reza wrote:
> Dear List;
>
> I have problem to connect to mySQL database via my jsp script.
> Here is the error ;
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Data source rejected establishment of
> connection,  message from server: "Host 'localhost.mra.co.id' is not
> allowed to connect to this MySQL server"
>
> please help me
>
> regards
> reza

This is a privileges issue with the MySQL server. You should read up on
the GRANT and REVOKE syntax - the documentation is available online at
http://www.mysql.com/doc/

So you would issue to MySQL the command:

GRANT SELECT ON mydb.*
	TO "username at localhost.mra.co.id"
	IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD "mysecret";

Perhaps using the MySQL command line tool.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html

--
Antony T Curtis <antony.t.curtis at ntlworld.com>