Writing SOFTWARE Synthesizer

Michael E. Mercer mmercer at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 4 11:19:10 PST 2004

Currently, Java 1.4 has code that is hard-coded to be
half-duplex. Meaning, you have to close the input stream in order to
play to the output stream.

You can re-compile the src, changing NO_FULL_DUPLEX to FULL_DUPLEX in
file
j2se/src/solaris/native/com/sun/media/sound/engine/HAE_API_BSDOS.c

Hope this helps...

MiChAeL