the openoffice build vm abort -- kluge solution

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 10 23:59:42 PST 2004

>> (02.11.2004 @ 0242 PST): Sheldon Hearn said, in 0.3K: <<
> On (2004/02/09 21:14), Alexandr Kovalenko wrote:
>
> > This problem has nothing to do with SCHED_ULE or regcomp.
> > Just map libc_r to libkse using libmap.conf(5) - everything will go
> > flawlessly.
>
> Except that you won't be able to start (at least) tomcat-4.1.29 with
> debugging enabled.
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.
>> end of "Re: the openoffice build vm abort -- kluge solution" from Sheldon Hearn <<

Seriously, guys. I've built openoffice succesfully and it runs perfectly
if you just take the hard reference to -lc_r out of
files/patch-config_office and replace it with -lpthread. I fail to see
why this fix has not been attractive to the openoffice folks...

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adam at vectors.cx // adamw at FreeBSD.org // adamw at magnesium.net