ports/75348: Tomcat port overwrites server.xml config file

Herve Quiroz herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Dec 21 20:20:28 PST 2004

The following reply was made to PR ports/75348; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org, bati at nostromo.cz
Cc: Kang Liu <liukang at bjut.edu.cn>
Subject: Re: ports/75348: Tomcat port overwrites server.xml config file
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 05:15:57 +0100

 Same here. I can't reproduce the error:

 $ cd /usr/ports/www/jakarta-tomcat5
 $ make install

 [...]
         Installing local configuration file: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/conf/server.xml
 [...]

 $ echo "whatever" >/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/conf/server.xml
 $ make deinstall

 [...]
 If permanently deleting this package, /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/conf/server.xml must be removed manually
 [...]

 $ make reinstall

 [...]
         Preserving local configuration file: /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/conf/server.xml
 [...]

 $ cat /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/conf/server.xml
 whatever

 Kang, BTW, that's not really related but I think we should do something for
 the garbage output while deinstalling the port:

 [...]
 If permanently deleting this package, /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/conf/server.xml must be removed manually
 pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory '/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0/conf'
 pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory '/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0'
 pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is
 incorrectly specified?)
 [...]

 A simple "@unexec rmdir jakarta-tomcat5.0/conf 2>/dev/null || true"
 would probably be enough.