FW: FreeBSD Upgrade azureus-2.1.0.4_3 to 2.2.0

Jeremy Faulkner gldisater at gto.net
Fri Dec 17 12:08:05 PST 2004

> Hello there,
>
> I've emailed the maintainer of the azureus port and haven't got
> an answer in a weeks time, could someone have a look at the port?

My server (@gldis.ca) has been offline since December 3 as I'm switching
providers. I didn't bother submitting a pr to change the maintainer address
because I hope to get my server back online by this time next week.

Azureus *will not* be upgraded to 2.2.0.0 until there is a native JDK 1.5 in the
ports tree. Azureus 2.2.0.0 makes extensive use of the nio layer which is buggy
in 1.4 and appears as a memory leak when running Azureus. I've ran 2.2.0.0 until
its memory foot print was 250MB and my system started to swap like it had
nothing better to do.

Thank you for bringing the WWW reference to my attention.
--
Jeremy Faulkner