Still cannot build native JDK 1.4 with FreeBSD 5.3

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Fri Dec 17 07:35:32 PST 2004

 >Have you tried to verify that your linux linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.0x is
 >working indeed? (try some apps, especially javac)

Yup. It works just fine. I use it every day for all sorts of things,
given that I can't use the last native build any more because of file
descriptor leaks (the last successful build I did was with 5.2.1).

 >Have you tried make clean and start all over the build?

Dozens of times. It fails the exact same way every time, no matter what
I try to change.

 >Also a check for mem,disk,CPU overheating, would be very good.

I really, really, really doubt it.

1. It fails exactly the same way every time.

2. Nothing else I do on this machine, which includes some fairly
intensive things (building all of KDE, for example) has failed.

3. The machine is a, more or less, out-of-the-box IBM desktop machine
without bizarro 3rd party RAM or anything like that.