linux-sun-jdk15 or jdk15 on 5.3R-p2

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Fri Dec 3 13:23:51 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 03:22:16PM -0500, Will Saxon wrote:
> I am another user who is not able to get linux-sun-jdk15
> working on a 5.3-R machine. Truss shows:

> Is there a timetable on native support for 1.5 or fixture of the
> linux-sun-jdk15 port?

For the native support, we don't issue timetables due to the voluntary
nature of the project.

In terms of the linux version, I've had a report of the Linux version
working on FreeBSD 6-CURRENT, but haven't heard of anything else.  At
the very least it looks like another syscall needs to be implemented
in the Linux emulation layer.

> Should someone mark the port as broken or remove it? It sounds like
> it does not work on 4.x or 5.x at all.

It was just marked as IGNORE.  BROKEN is probably better though.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com