updating my port to bsd.java.mk options

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd6 at klop.yi.org
Thu Apr 22 17:23:46 PDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 21:19:52 +0200, Herve Quiroz
<herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 08:46:00PM +0200, Ronald Klop wrote:
>> >When nothing is set (neither JAVA_BUILD nor JAVA_RUN), bsd.java.mk
>> >assumes the folloing default values:
>> >
>> >JAVA_BUILD= jdk
>> >JAVA_RUN=   jre
>>
>> Maybe this can be documented in bsd.java.mk. (Or is it already
>> documented
>> somewhere?)
>
> It's part of the just-in-time fixes we applied to bsd.java.mk so it's
> not yet documented. But as soon as the ports tree is unfrozen, I'll do
> that.
>
>> >So your patch is correct is this regard. You just need to remove the
>> >NEED_JAVAC statement. I tested it on my box and it seems to work. I
>> said
>> >"seems" because I have a build error. I've attached the log just in
>> >case. I haven't got enough time to debug it myself at the moment so if
>> >you know the problem, please tell me (I'll investigate myself in a few
>> >days otherwise).
>>
>> I see the same problem. It's happens when NEED_JAVAC is removed. I'll
>> investigate this later, because I have a basketball game to win in half
>> an
>> hour.
>
> Ok I'll check that as well.

When I look at bsd.java.mk I see that JAVAC is only defined if
NEED_JAVAC=yes.
I think this is the problem. JAVAH is always defined for example.
I attached a patch to bsd.java.mk which fixes my problem. But I don't know
if it is wanted for other ports.
And I attached a latest version of the patch to my port.

> BTW, have a good play!

We did win!

Cheers,

Ronald.