updating my port to bsd.java.mk options

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd6 at klop.yi.org
Thu Apr 22 11:46:08 PDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:57:58 +0200, Herve Quiroz
<herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:

> Ronald,
>
> Good initiative indeed! :)

Thanks.

> NEED_JAVAC has been deprecated as well. Now JAVA_BUILD (and respectively
> JAVA_RUN) allows two values: 'jdk' or 'jre'. When JAVA_BUILD=jdk, it
> means that a compiler is needed, which is the same as setting
> NEED_JAVAC=yes as before.
>
> When nothing is set (neither JAVA_BUILD nor JAVA_RUN), bsd.java.mk
> assumes the folloing default values:
>
> JAVA_BUILD= jdk
> JAVA_RUN=   jre

Maybe this can be documented in bsd.java.mk. (Or is it already documented
somewhere?)

> So your patch is correct is this regard. You just need to remove the
> NEED_JAVAC statement. I tested it on my box and it seems to work. I said
> "seems" because I have a build error. I've attached the log just in
> case. I haven't got enough time to debug it myself at the moment so if
> you know the problem, please tell me (I'll investigate myself in a few
> days otherwise).

I see the same problem. It's happens when NEED_JAVAC is removed. I'll
investigate this later, because I have a basketball game to win in half an
hour.

Ronald.