new port: eclipse3

TorbenJäger Torben.Jaeger at t-online.de
Thu Apr 22 10:26:26 PDT 2004

> work/Makefile: add following somewhere at the top
> ECLIPSE_OS=     freebsd
> ECLIPSE_WS=     gtk
> ECLIPSE_ARCH=   x86

this is set in /usr/ports/java/eclipse3/Makefile. why setting twice?

> work/plugins/org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse_SWT/make_gtk.mak line 88: add
>                 -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/freebsd \

added and updated download.

> one problem I see: it installs both /usr/local/eclipse
> and /usr/local/eclipse3

can't reproduce. there should be a single eclipse directory under PREFIX.

> you have to change the path to /usr/local/eclipse
> in /usr/local/bin/eclipse
>
> then it runs at least. I cannot tell anything about completeness.

i am testing the port with PREFIX=/tmp/eclipse3 because i have 2.1.3 installed
also.

> btw. you should add a separate directory like work/eclipse to
> extract everything. looks better

don't understand this.
what it is extracted has to be extracted under PREFIX (let's say /usr/local)
IMO like it is with all other progs.

> hth
> m.

thx for your help.