FreeBSD 5.2.1. - JDK 1.4 installation from ports collection

David Pullara DPullara at epexchange.epnet.com
Mon Apr 5 05:22:56 PDT 2004

As I understand it you need the linux jdk to build the native one.
I noticed I got that same "can't detect" error when running the linux
java before I switched to the native one.  However, before I switched
I found these instructions either from this mailing list or with a
google search:

   # kldload linprocfs
   # mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /compat/linux/proc

Once I did that I didn't get that warning anymore.

So if I'm understanding this correctly and after looking at the
file, CurrencyData.java seems to be generated by a java program;
maybe they redirect the output to a file, hence that warning
showing up in the source.  So maybe the solution is to do the
above commands before building the native jdk?  (Maybe the build
scripts can check for that, if that is a good idea?)