FreeBSD 5.1, Tomcat 5.0.19, which JDK?

Rowdy david at fielden.com.au
Sun Apr 4 21:07:51 PDT 2004

Kang Liu wrote:

> [...]

The PC is a fairly vanilla PIII 500MHz, 384M RAM, IDE hard drives, SCSI
tape drive, running 5.1-RELEASE and cvsupped regularly.

I have not tried the older versions of Tomcat as we have recently
started using version 5 under Windows at work, and I wanted to create as
similar an environment at home as possible.

This is not a critical production environment, so if you say that Tomcat
5 should work with a JDK other than the Diablo 1.3.1, then that is good
enough to keep me going :-)

Btw the tomcat50ctl utility has the full path to the Diablo JDK
hard-coded in it, which is why I renamed the original Diablo JDK install
directory and created the symlink from jdk-1.4.2 to diablo-1.3.1.  This
is not the cleanest solution, but Diablo JDK 1.3.1 was installed as a
dependancy of Tomcat 5, and I do not believe it is needed by anything
else I have installed.

(partial /usr/local listing:)

lrwxr-xr-x   1 root      wheel        8 Apr  3 17:31 diablo-jdk1.3.1 ->
jdk1.4.2
drwxr-xr-x   9 root      wheel      512 Feb 27 07:33 diablo-jdk1.3.1_orig
drwxr-xr-x  11 www       www        512 Apr  3 17:31 jakarta-tomcat5.0
drwxr-xr-x   8 root      wheel      512 Mar 25 06:24 jdk1.4.2

Thanx very much.

Dave