Java Version 1.4.2_2 not found during installation for FreeBSD 5.2.1

Christian Hofer Christian.Hofer at gmx.de
Fri Apr 2 04:27:31 PST 2004

> O kyrios Christian Hofer egrapse stis Apr 1, 2004 :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried to install the JDK 1.4 from the Ports-Collection. It demands a
> > Linux-Binary for a java version 1.4.2_02, but on the Sun web site only
> > the version 1.4.2_04 is available.
>
> Do a fresh cvsup.
> The new /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14/distinfo says:
> MD5 (j2sdk-1_4_2_04-linux-i586.bin) = cc27ac6189062214c072cb5b4ae068fa
> SIZE (j2sdk-1_4_2_04-linux-i586.bin) = 35829260

I figured out that cvsup will probably be the answer after sending this mail
yesterday evening. Thus, I tried to understand the handbook's appendix
concerning cvsup and read the man pages. As I understand it, I can constrain my
cvsup to ports-base and ports-java. (Fleeing to FreeBSD from a really unstable
Debian Sid distribution, I'm still seeking a compromise between latest
features and stability). I tried this and got some cvs-data.

But I did not find out how to continue. In the /usr/src there are only my
kernel sources. Do I somehow have to download the sources of the java port
before I can build a new jdk? And how do I do the built?

Thanks,
Chris