cvs commit: ports/java Makefile ports/java/linux-blackdown-jre11

Herve Quiroz herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr
Mon Sep 29 10:03:46 PDT 2003

Ernst,

I'll handle this as soon as possible. Hopefully tonight... if I manage
to get out of office before 10PM.

But that means bsd.java.mk should make a difference between JDK and JRE.
So I will be a bit more complex.

I'm trying to improve the current bsd.java.mk version by using ports
metainfo for installed port detection stage... and all subsequent
stages. Just to ease a bit more the life of maintainers. I also plan to
provide a nice XSLT/XML combo to produce this metadata section (which
should stay in "maintainer-land"). I bet you know what I'm talking about
because it's your PR after all:

    http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=java/44041

One solution would be to have a static bsd.java.mk and a separate .mk
file that would contain all ports metainfo (the one generated through
XSLT). This new file would just get included in bsd.java.mk.

With this scheme, we would have java dependencies and building tools
setup separated from the list of java ports. Just as it is the case for
usual ports and mirror sites for example. So when adding a new JDK or
JRE, the maintainer of this new port just has to modify
bsd.whateverthename.mk to get its new port handled by bsd.java.mk. No
need for XML anymore to maintain bsd.java.mk... unless of course you're
a fanatic of XSLT just as me ;) Indeed I tend to XSLTize everything I
come across (TODO lists, adressbooks...) so please do not hesitate to
tell me when it's not necessary ;)

Herve