Java Tutorial

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Fri Sep 12 06:32:47 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 06:45, Ricardo Javier Aranibar León wrote:

>    I newbie with Java, first I like to know how i can install java for my
>    FREEBSD maybe I like a tutorial for JFC i like to developer
>    aplications using swing, if you know about a IDE java-swing or a RAD
>    java with support for swing?..

You can install it from ports. For more information installing ports,
you should refer to the handbook in /usr/share/doc or online at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

You can install jdk 1.3 or 1.4

/usr/ports/java/jdk13
/usr/ports/java/jdk14

Or even one of the Linux jdks.

IDE for swing/awt try Netbeans: /usr/ports/java/netbeans

To learn java.. Bruce Eckels book is really good and it's free:
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/

Have fun.

--
"Optimized, readable, on time; Pick any two."

FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT i386
9:26PM up 3 days, 22 hrs, 1 user, load averages: 0.82, 0.46, 0.31