ant script annoyances

Herve Quiroz herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr
Thu Sep 11 12:09:00 PDT 2003

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:

> * Herve Quiroz:
>
> >   --add -> Add selected paths and JARs in the current CLASSPATH variable
> >   instead of overriding it.
>
> This is easily achieved by setting
> CLASSPATH="$CLASSPATH:additionalLib.jar" anywhere you want that to
> happen.

...unless the CLASSPATH is not yet defined, in which case it could
possibly cause some trouble...

  CLASSPATH=":additionalLib.jar"

But after a quick test it seems to work regardless:

  java -cp ":." HelloWorld

It runs fine... so no need for '--add' option.

> BTW would it be possible to include the classpath computing script in
> either the jdk port or the javavmwrapper port, to avoid creating a port
> just for that?
>
> Because a port is maybe too much for just that script.  The script
> probably won't have version numbers, tarballs, and so on...

java/javavmwrapper has no tarballs...

IMHO classpath-config and javavmwrapper have different scopes. So
including class-config in javavmwrapper would not fit well. But I think
you're right: there should probably be a single port for all
FreeBSD/Java specific tools.

Herve