jdk14 patchset 4-pre1

Panagiotis Astithas past at netmode.ntua.gr
Wed Sep 10 07:16:44 PDT 2003

Hi,

since I will be making a test build of the 4-pre1 patchset, I will grab
the opportunity to ask about the Sun-provided SCSL security stuff.

When I get to the page to download the sources, besides the usual
j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip, I can download another file, called
j2sdk-sec-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip. The latter contains cryptographic code,
but I am puzzled about its purpose. For all I can say, this contains
source code for classes that are built with the port anyway, but perhaps
this other bundle has some benefits, such as stronger encryption? If
this is so, how could we include it in the build? The bundle contains
only java files, plus a Windows C file, that I believe we can ignore.
Also, will the final binary release of 1.4.1 contain these cryptography
extensions, or the current ones?

Thanks in advance,
--
Panagiotis Astithas