jEdit problem

Zsolt Kuti kuti at cetelem.hu
Mon Sep 1 06:40:59 PDT 2003

Dear All,

I would like to if anyone experinced the problem that follows.

I recently upgraded jEdit to 4.1final and all the plugins within it.
Since then I keep struggling with an error that breaks jEdit's operation
(resulting in a core file). I finally found out that if I don't let
Projectviewer (PV) plugin to work this does not happen. Last time it
happened that I couldn't start work at all as after PV's GUI entered to
its initialization phase jEdit has gone away. So I was forced to delete
PV's entries from the "properties" file by hand. Now jEdit seems to be
healthy but much reduced in functionality. The phenomenon reported
happened earlier as well, but rarely enough not to cause too much
headache.

I reported this to one of the authors, a search with Google gave
nothing.

In general: are there any issue of the current development that can be
related with problems of GUI intensive applications? I vaguely remember
of them having been mentioned earlier. I use: java version
"1.3.1-internal" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.3.1-internal-root-011019-09:04) Classic VM (build
1.3.1-internal-root-011019-09:04, green threads, nojit)

FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0
(A bit outdated, I know...)

Many thanks
Zsolt