freebsddom and java's flaming hoops

Nate Williams nate at yogotech.com
Wed Oct 22 10:12:09 PDT 2003

[ Javascript doesn't work with your proxy ]

Ok, what do you propose?  How do verify that the FreeBSD Foundation and
Java teams fulfill all the legal obligations to Sun?

> I also have the JDK 1.3 binary packge installed on a 4.8 box. It is amazingly
> annoying to install as well, of course, due to having to grab it from a
> special location, and click through the agreements and so forth... but at
> least it installed...

That it did, and you wouldn't believe the amount of time and effort
required just to get a binary version released for FreeBSD.  Alas, the
few minutes you had to spend disabling your proxy apparently is more
work than you can handle.

> and there's a few less flaming hoops... clearly I'm
> whining. But someone has to. (-:

It's simpy amazing that anyone would want to continue working for free
on this project when they are folks like you out there.  Thank goodness
there are others who appreciate what it takes.

Nate

ps. For what it's worth, in order to download *ANY* JVM from Sun
requires that Javascript be enabled, so the FreeBSD project isn't
requiring anything more than Java's company.