Compiling a native 1.4 with gcc 3.3 on FreeBSD 5-CURRENT

Sheldon Hearn sheldonh at starjuice.net
Tue Nov 25 05:49:07 PST 2003

On (2003/11/24 22:05), Peter Schuller wrote:

> > I'm using that version exactly, yes. However to be honest I don't remember
> > whether I tried compiling before or after I cvsup:ed to -BETA recently. I
> > will attempt a recompile and report back.
>
> Yes - still having the same problem.

I've just tested with -CURRENT as at 2003-11-18, and the jdk-1.4.2p5
build completed without problems.

I already had a native jdk14 with which to bootstrap.  Perhaps you're
using the linux-sun-jdk14 package for your build?

If not, then it may be a difference in -CURRENT.  I haven't upgraded
to 5.2-BETA because that's horribly unstable on several fronts at the
moment.  Once it's stabilized, I'll try the build again and let you know
if I encounter the same problem.

Ciao,
Sheldon.