Compiling a native 1.4 with gcc 3.3 on FreeBSD 5-CURRENT

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sat Nov 22 17:32:38 PST 2003

Hello,

I am trying to compile a native 1.4 on CURRENT. And since gcc 3 is used on
newer fbsds I am running into this:

usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586/tmp/sun.tools.unpack/obj/bytes.o(.eh_frame+0x11):
undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

I've googled around a bit and apparantly it has to do with some new exception
handling mechanism in gcc, specifically when mixing Java and C++ exceptions.

Is this something that won't work until extensive patching has been done, or
is there some simple administrative action I can take to make it compile?

Thanks!

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org