Various threading libs

Bryan Liesner bleez at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 04:48:06 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On (2003/11/21 14:16), Mantzios Achilleus wrote:
>
> > Well are there any success stories with kse, libthr???
> >
> > In my system (jboss 3.0.3 on 5.1 p10 RELEASE and jdk1.4.2 p5)
> > i have upto now:
> >
> > SCHED_ULE in the kernel and libkse -> System panics!!!!!
> > (The rest is with SCHED_4BSD)
>
> You really need to track -CURRENT until at least 5.2-RELEASE.  There's
> been a huge amount of working on threading since 5.1-RELEASE.
>
> JBoss-3.2.1 is working well on my 5.1-CURRENT (4 days old) workstation,
> hosting a heavy-weight J2EE application, although only as a testbed for
> the operator of the workstation (me).
>
> This is with SCHED_ULE and libkse, which used to panic my box, then
> locked up IntelliJ IDEA and now seems to have stabilized.

Generally, libkse and SCHED_ULE work fine, but on my 2 day old current
I get the following trying to run a program on Eclipse's debugger:

FATAL ERROR in native method: JDWP "util.c" (Nov 12 2003), line 1194:
Unexpected error, error code = 51 (JVMDI_ERROR_NOT_MONITOR_OWNER)

This is with:
java version "1.4.2-p5"

The problem goes away when switching back to libc_r.
I did not run into this issue with java 1.4.1-p4.

-Bryan