Various threading libs

Mantzios Achilleus mantzios at softlab.ece.ntua.gr
Fri Nov 21 04:16:56 PST 2003

I think someone must play the role of the middleman
between the java people and the lib[kse|thr] people.

I notice threading java problems going to /dev/null
and is a pity since a great deal of testing goes wasted.

Well are there any success stories with kse, libthr???

In my system (jboss 3.0.3 on 5.1 p10 RELEASE and jdk1.4.2 p5)
i have upto now:

SCHED_ULE in the kernel and libkse -> System panics!!!!!
(The rest is with SCHED_4BSD)

libkse and jboss problem (i sent it the other day)
libthr and jboss clients problem (client silently dumps core)
libc_r and jboss quite ok (i guess!).

libc_r and SUN ONE Studio 4.1 great