J2ME on FreeBSD?

Milo Hyson milo at cyberlifelabs.com
Tue Nov 11 11:51:46 PST 2003

Markus Svensson wrote:

>Hello all!
>
>I'm currently in the process of writing my Bachelor's Thesis. It's
>supposed to become a Java game for cell phones.
>
>So, my question is, is it possible to build and test J2ME software on
>FreeBSD?

Yes and yes. A few months back, we were involved in the development of
software for the SonyEriccson P800. We did all of our development and
testing (via the software emulator) using FreeBSD's native 1.4.1 JDK.
Didn't have any problems that I can recall. We did have to use Windows
to interact with the phone since its interface only had drivers for that
platform.

--
Milo Hyson
Chief "Mad" Scientist and Director of Asian Operations