J2ME on FreeBSD?

Panagiotis Astithas past at noc.ntua.gr
Tue Nov 11 09:34:35 PST 2003

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 19:08, Markus Svensson wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm currently in the process of writing my Bachelor's Thesis. It's
> supposed to become a Java game for cell phones.
>
> So, my question is, is it possible to build and test J2ME software on
> FreeBSD?

Build, sure. Test, maybe.

I build midlets using ant & Sun J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.0 for Linux (I
intended to make a port out of it, but I haven't found the time, yet). What
you actually need is the archive that contains the MIDP classes and the
preverifier, a linux binary that works under the linux emulation layer
(actually the only linux binary in the toolkit that works). You can use the
Nokia Developer's kit as well.

For testing you need to be able to run the emulators, but I haven't had any
success yet.

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas