Jikes bug, can't get stacktrace

Kees Jan Koster kjkoster at kjkoster.org
Sun May 18 11:10:32 PDT 2003

Dear All,

I am trying to get a stacktrace from Jikes, but for some reason I can't
seem to get it. Could you please look at the dialogue below and tell me
what I am missing?

LikeEver% cat bla.java
public class bla extends com.evermind.server.ejb.EntityEJBHome { }
LikeEver% cat bla.sh
#!/bin/sh
for i in ${HOME}/web/orion/*.jar
do
        CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${i}
done

jikes=/usr/ports/java/jikes/work/jikes-1.18/src/jikes
${jikes} -classpath /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/rt.jar:${CLASSPATH}
bla.java
file ${jikes}
gdb -core jikes.core -e ${jikes}

LikeEver% ./bla.sh
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
/usr/ports/java/jikes/work/jikes-1.18/src/jikes: ELF 32-bit LSB
executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 4.8,
statically linked, not stripped
GNU gdb 4.18 (FreeBSD)
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd".
Core was generated by `jikes'.
#0  0x806ed6a in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x806ed6a in ?? ()
#1  0x811cfd8 in ?? ()
#2  0x80ee02a in ?? ()
#3  0x80ed141 in ?? ()
#4  0x80a6b82 in ?? ()
#5  0x80ecb28 in ?? ()
#6  0x80ece0a in ?? ()
#7  0x8127cc6 in ?? ()
#8  0x80b1089 in ?? ()
#9  0x80abb22 in ?? ()
#10 0x80acaa7 in ?? ()
#11 0x80ac94f in ?? ()
#12 0x80a5af7 in ?? ()
#13 0x8123bd4 in ?? ()
#14 0x809ad50 in ?? ()
#15 0x809a452 in ?? ()
#16 0x8096e84 in ?? ()
#17 0x80fec7d in ?? ()
#18 0x80fe377 in ?? ()
#19 0x804813e in ?? ()
(gdb) ^D
LikeEver% _

I linked jikes statically and dynamically, but that makes no difference.

 Yours,
   Kees Jan