bsd.java.mk: USE_ANT

Greg Lewis glewis at misty.eyesbeyond.com
Fri May 2 10:44:05 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:25:12AM +0200, Ernst de Haan wrote:
> Sounds like a good proposal, Herve!
> Anyone else have any comments?

Seems like a good addition to me.  Some comments below.

> On Thursday 01 May 2003 19:09, Herve Quiroz wrote:
> > We discussed this point long time ago but I can't remember we did agree
> > on some way of implementing Ant support in bsd.java.mk.
> >
> > Most ports that build using ant do the following:
> >
> >  - Set the Ant build dependency
> >
> >  - Set the Ant executable (ANT)
> >
> >  - Set the Ant targets (ANT_TARGET)
> >
> >  - Possibly set the Ant options (ANT_ARGS)

I would add ANT_ENV since ant currently respects some environment
variables (specifically, JAVACMD, ANT_OPTS and ANT_ARGS).  It may support
more in future.

Is it worth adding a convenience ANT_BUILDFILE setting?  I realise
people could do the same thing with ANT_ARGS, just looking at the
options for make and seeing MAKEFILE can be set.

> > And then in the do-build:
> >
> > ${ANT} [${ANT_ARGS}] ${ANT_TARGET}

If ANT_ARGS is set in the environment then ant should just pick it
up from there ;).

> > What if we just put this "limited" ant support in bsd.java.mk ?
> >
> > So you just have to do the following:
> >
> > USE_ANT=yes
> > ANT_ARGS+= -Dnoget=yes
> > ANT_TARGET= jar