Problems with the netscape plugin

Jon Kuster kwsn at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 15 20:29:47 PDT 2003

Is anybody else having problems using the jdk1.3p8 plug-in with
Mozilla?  Mozilla finds and seems to load the plug-in (it's listed in
about:plugins), but when it comes time to actually run an applet, it
doesn't do anything. No "loading applet" - it doesn't even seem to
download the applet.  The demos that get installed with the port work if
I manually run them from the command line, so I don't think it's a
problem with the jvm itself.  I've currently got it build with Hotspot,
but the plug-in wasn't working without Hotspot either.  Any ideas?

FreeBSD jonnyv.kwsn.lan 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Thu Jun 12
03:24:39 MST 2003     root at jonnyv.kwsn.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/JONNYV
i386

Thanks
Jon Kuster