JBoss port

Roman Kennke roman.kennke at cognition.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jun 11 04:57:46 PDT 2003

> Is this port really needed?
> Are there gonna be FreeBSD-specific patches?
>
> I dont think so.

Yes, that's right. It's a usability thing. It's kind of
nice to have start/stop scripts placed in the right places,
use an already installed tomcat instead of installing a
second one, etc.

> Besides, a "port" means something that is "ported" to
> FreeBSD.
> I dont think JBOSS needs any "porting".

So we can abandon most of the /usr/ports/java stuff (except
the jdks and some other) ;-)

Ok, but I think you are right: It's not the really worth
the time maintaining a port, that only downloads and
extracts the stuff.

Best regards, Roman