Experimental patchsets

Joe Shevland jshevland at ozemail.com.au
Wed Jun 4 16:09:02 PDT 2003

Hi Greg,

Sounds excellent, I'll gladly test any patches out. I'm being stung at the
moment by SSL issues... I haven't  managed to get any of the JDK's to
behave with my application under 4.8-STABLE, it uses the JSSE libraries for
secure RMI and standard TCP/IP comms. The server's listening sockets are
established OK (for the native JDK), its around the time of the client
connections that things go awry.

The Linux JDK's (1.3 and 1.4) barf when establishing the listening sockets,
the error vaguely resembles '/dev/random reached end of file', whilst the
native 1.4.1 goes into a 100% CPU spin when a client connects - this is not
always reproducible at first try, though a few client connections will
generally display the problem.

Sorry there's very little details there; if anyone is interested, I'll
attach the error messages and stack traces for the different JDK's, as well
as a test case to reproduce the bug. I'd prefer to help with fixing the
native one, so any pointers to how to make the process dump core, break
into debug mode etc would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joe