5.1-CURRENT: libkse / libthr and SCHED_4BSD / SCHED_ULE

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Tue Jul 22 06:25:45 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-22 at 19:30, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> 1) libkse or libthr as a replacement for libc_r, and/or

Been libmap to universally map libc_r to libkse for about 3 weeks now.
Things have been relatively stable since sometime last week.

I have no problems so far with using netbeans, tomcat with libkse. I
haven't done much stress testing, but Tomcat should have benefits on SMP
as the extra threads are running on both my CPUs now instead of one.

Netbeans.. seems to be only using one thread for the ide.

> 2) SCHED_ULE as a replacement for SCHED_4BSD?

On SMP.. SCHED_ULE performance is really bad for me.

--
"Optimized, readable, on time; Pick any two."

FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT i386
9:21PM up 21:19, 2 users, load averages: 0.48, 0.32, 0.22