jdk14 port usable for development?

Ernst de Haan ernst.dehaan at nl.wanadoo.com
Mon Jul 21 23:58:52 PDT 2003

Mike,

It may be. I'm using it for development, mostly Ant-based builds, and I
experience regular problems which seem to pertain to forks. Then the java
process seems to hang with 98% CPU usage. It's not reproducible, but it
seems to happen more and more on my system. Actually I'm thinking about
switching back to jdk13 until jdk14 is a bit more reliable.

But then these problems may be specific to my situation. At the least I'd
give it a try, if I were you.

I did notice that jdk14 is a lot faster than jdk13, but still nowhere near
the performance on Windows or Linux/i386 systems.

FYI: My system is a 4.8-STABLE, i386, built Mon Jun 16 14:38:13 CEST 2003.

Ernst