JDK1.3.1 AbstractMethodError

Frederick N. Brier fbrier at multideck.com
Mon Jul 21 06:38:14 PDT 2003

The JDK1.3.1, JBoss  3.0.2 were installed with ports.  The others were
untar'ed and then I configured them.  I have not yet built a FreeBSD
port.  I am still in the process of getting comfortable installing and
upgrading them.

Anthill is like CruiseControl.  I have become test infected and really like
the idea of all the tests being run at regular intervals.  Did you find it
on Freshmeat?

http://freshmeat.net/projects/ant8/?topic_id=45%2C822%2C52%2C46%2C861

A friend of mine, Shelton, suggested trying the JDK 1.4.1 port and I
snagged the built port he had just made.  It appears to have fixed the
problem.  At least it is past the XDoclet/AbstractMethodError issue.  Thank
you for all the work on these ports.  I just saw your email on coming up
with a strategy for .war and .ear installs.  I will think about it and
perhaps can come up with some useful suggestions.

Fred.