Could not debug anymore using JDK1.4.2-p6

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Wed Dec 31 22:55:54 PST 2003

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, Huang wen hui wrote:

> hi,
> After upgrade to p6, I could not use debuger in JBuilder or NetBeans.
> p6 with libc_r also not work. p5+libc_r did work in p5 before. I use
> CURRENT.
> Is this known problem or I miss something?

I'll take a guess and say it is because p6 uses libkse instead
of libc_r, and gdb doesn't yet work(*) with libkse or libthr.  If
my guess is correct, you could use /etc/libmap.conf to map libkse
to libc_r and see if that allows you to use the debugger.

(*) This is on our todo list for 5.3

--
Dan Eischen