Tomcat's daemonctl script

Panagiotis Astithas past at noc.ntua.gr
Mon Dec 29 05:07:13 PST 2003

Hi all,

I' ve been bitten by the fact that tomcat from ports installs a binary script
to control its status. The unfortunate fact is that when you upgrade the jdk,
the port has to be upgraded too, since it contains a hardcoded reference to
the java program's path. This could be tolerated in a personal system, but on
a farm-like environment with more than a dozen hosts, it becomes a
maintenance nightmare. I have resorted temporarily to creating symlinks from
jdk1.4.2 to jdk1.4.1, but overall I agree with Sheldon Hearn's opinion in:
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20031215123601.GU13737
Could we please provide an regular rc.d script as we do for every other
service?

Cheers,
--
Panagiotis Astithas