Debugging options for tomcat41ctl

Sheldon Hearn sheldonh at starjuice.net
Mon Dec 15 01:36:25 PST 2003

On (2003/12/15 08:10), Ernst de Haan wrote:

> > Is there a way to enable debugging on the Tomcat instance started by
> > tomcat41ctl, or do I need to start Tomcat manually for that?
>
> You need to start it manually. The daemonctl program is in desperate  need
> of improvement :=\

I've asked this before but don't remember getting a response: what
problem does the daemonctl program solve that pay for its limitations
over a regular rc.d shell script?

I'm not attacked the script; it seems to work very well.  I'm just
wondering why we can't just use a rc.d script.  I first wondered when
using the jboss port, which also uses daemonctl.  I just used a slightly
modified version of the rc.d script distributed with jboss and it seemed
to work fine.

Ciao,
Sheldon.