Removing JDK completely ?

Nicolas Gieczewski nicolas at nixsoftware.com
Fri Dec 12 19:00:24 PST 2003

If you decide to go with the binary package, just put it in a directory and issue `pkg_add <package_file_name>' to install it. This would extract the compiled package's contents, install them, and add the package to your package database.

Because there would be no compiling whatsoever, the installation would most likely succeed even if the box has hardware problems. However, you should still try to build the kernel to check; otherwise, you might experience random crashes when later running the JVM, which is pretty much of a resource stressor.

Cheers,

Nicolas Gieczewski
Nix Software Solutions
http://www.nixsoftware.com/