Binary release via ports

Herve Quiroz herve.quiroz at esil.univ-mrs.fr
Tue Aug 26 08:00:39 PDT 2003

Hi Greg,

First, good job to you and all the people that contributed to this event.

With these new JDK/JRE ports, we need to update the current bsd.java.mk
(1.0 flavor) so they may be used as dependencies to install java ports.

But maybe we could wait and include it directly (and probably more
easily as it is the point of the new version) in bsd.java.mk 2.0. This
requires that as many people as possible give it a try.

BTW, have you tested it yet ? I think it handles most of what we
discussed so far. Except the JDK/JRE stuff, as there were no JRE port
available for FreeBSD at this time... which is no more the case ;)

I know it needs some cleaning/commenting so I will improve it tonight
(also make it a bit more verbose).

Herve