/usr/local/jdk1.4.1/jre/lib/security/cacerts

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Tue Aug 19 20:20:43 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying out my hand on Java+SSL, and have discovered that:

    /usr/local/jdk1.4.1/jre/lib/security/cacerts

is only 32 bytes long. This can't be correct; shouldn't it have the CA
for people like Verisign and Thawte? I substituted it with one I got off
a Windows box (which was about 11k big), and that seemed to work fine.

Is this a packaging bug? Or some deliberate thing I don't know about?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>