java plugin for netscape 7.1

Daniel Ellard ellard at eecs.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 6 11:41:15 PDT 2003

I'm trying to get the java plugin to work with netscape 7.1
(/usr/ports/www/netscape7, which installs the linux netscape7english),
but without any luck.  I've tried with linux-sun-jdk13,
linux-sun-jdk14, and just plain jdk13.  I've followed the installation
instructions to the letter (and yes, I've moved the symlink around to
point to the right place each time).

There are no error or warning messages from netscape, but it doesn't
recognize the plug-in and won't run java applets.  The flash and
shockwave plugins, which are installed with netscape, work normally.

Is there a trick, or am I just out of luck?

Please respond directly because I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,
	-Dan